This contest is an excellent opportunity to develop design pieces for your portfolio, and win $50. Win-Win. You can find more information and examples on the professional writing website http://pw.rhetorike.org/contest
The Professional Writing Program is holding a design contest! Submit original designs to be featured on the front and back pages of the 2017 Professional Writing Showcase program booklet and used on flyers and table tents. The winning designer will receive a $50 Visa gift card.
To be eligible, applicants must be an undergraduate Professional Writing major (or minor) or currently enrolled in a Professional Writing course (e.g., ENGL 420, 421, 422, 419, etc.). All template designs must be original or use content with a Creative Commons Attribution license. Submission emails must contain the following:
- Your name, year at Purdue, major, and current writing course/instructor
- An 8.5 x 5.5 landscape front page design (saved as a .TIF file)
- A 4.25 x 11 landscape “name tent” design (saved as a .TIF file)
- An 8.5 x 11 portrait flyer design (saved as a .TIF file)
- An 8.5 x 5.5 landscape back page design (saved as a .TIF file)
Submissions will be due by noon on Monday, April 3. Please send materials and direct any questions to Jeff Gerding, Assistant Director of Professional Writing, at email@example.com. Please use the subject line “PW Showcase Design Contest.”
Submissions will be judged by a committee of Professional Writing graduate instructors. The winning design will be announced by email and the winner will receive their gift card at PW Showcase on April 13.